Welcome! I’m Becca from Chalkboard Creations. Here is just a little about me:
I’ve been teaching for 9 years. Up until last year, I had only taught 4th grade. Then last year God called me to teach at a special school. We are an inner city, private Christian school. Our students are all refugees or immigrants and thus are almost all English language learners. The school is completely volunteer and donation run, and so the kids do not pay tuition. I teach the only elementary class, and I currently have 2nd-5th graders in my room. So, while my class size is extremely small, I teach all the grades at once. Needless to say, I have been learning ALOT lately about differentiation and teaching ELL!
10 Random Things About Me
- I am seriously tone deaf. It made learning how to play piano when I was a child very difficult. Needless to say, I can neither lead my students in a grammar song, nor sing at your wedding.
- I have a sister who is five years younger than me. However, we get asked if we are twins on a regular basis.
- I love campfires. The smell of burnt marshmallows warms my heart.
- In addition to teaching, TpT, and blogging, I have several other unrelated hobbies. I love to cook, sew, garden, and coupon. My latest endeavors are baking bread in my new bread machine and canning.
- I am totally addicted to Pinterest. (See #4. Enough said.)
- If ever there was a competition for who could quote the most lines from Friends, I would definitely win. (By the way, I have lost every spelling bee I’ve ever been in, but I rock at Friends quotes.)
- I secretly love playing sports (ultimate frisbee, basketball, softball, volleyball, etc.). My husband is naturally good at anything pertaining to athletics. I am… the exact opposite. (Hence the secret part.)
- Before I graduated high school, I lived in 9 different houses (or apartments) in 5 different states. No, my dad isn’t in the military. We just moved around a lot.
- I have been to (what was formerly known as) Ukraine 5 times. While I was there I worked with the orphanages. Those trips changed my perspective on life.
- I believe that God has called me to be a teacher, a mom, and a wife (not in that order 😉 ). I take my calling very seriously. God has trusted me with these kiddos (my children and my students). He expects me to raise them up to follow Him and that is exactly what I am going to do.
Well, that is me in a nutshell. (Which reminds me, I am completely in love with Nutella and hazelnut coffee creamer!)
Like what you see? Sign up to be the first to receive freebies, blog posts, and exclusive deals (including a FREE e-book right now)!